COVID-19 Updates and Safety Procedures
At Complete Vision Care, your health and safety are our top priorities, and we have put in place the following safety procedures in accordance with CDC guidelines and best practices:
Know Before You Go
- If you’re currently experiencing COVID-19 symptoms (fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, muscle or body aches, or a new loss of taste or smell), please call (708) 423-2500 to reschedule your appointment.
- For everyone’s safety, we are careful to limit the number of patients in the office at a given time, so please try to arrive promptly at your appointment time.
- At the time of your appointment, please call (708) 423-2500 from the parking lot when you arrive, and we will take your history and pertinent information by phone to avoid needless waiting in the reception area. At that point, you will proceed directly into the clinic to limit your exposure.
- At the door, we will take your temperature. If you have a fever, we will reschedule your appointment for a safer time.
- Everyone over the age of two is required to wear filtering face masks over the mouth and nose.
- If possible, we ask that companions wait in the car to reduce the crowding of the clinic and reception area. Exceptions are made for children or those who require assistance; however, we ask for your assistance and cooperation in keeping crowding to a minimum.
Enhanced and Hygiene Procedures
- Enhanced cleaning procedures of the office, testing equipment, and inventory happen daily and before every appointment.
- All hard and soft surfaces in the clinic are electrostatically sanitized with an EPA registered family-safe disinfectant daily. (Emist Epix360 hydrostatic cleaner with hypochlorous acid <0.05%, sodium hydroxide <0.00001% )
- Every surface that patients encounter is disinfected before each use, including chairs, knobs, buttons, surfaces, handles, and instruments, with either alcohol wipes, alcohol gel, medical-grade UV-C light, and hypochlorous acid/sodium hydroxide as appropriate. No toxic or caustic residue remains after disinfecting.
- All eyewear is sterilized in a medical-grade UV-C instrument disinfection chamber.
- All personnel has their temperature tested and complete a symptom survey before their shift. Everyone wears multiple masks and eye shields when working with patients. They also continually clean all surfaces, phones, keyboards, switches, etc. throughout the day.
- Air cleaners are installed in all small rooms, which cycles air through HEPA filters no less than six times per hour. In large spaces, the air is cycled continually through an HVAC fan.
- Hand sanitizer is available throughout the office, and we encourage patients and staff to use it freely.
- Patients wear gloves when trying on eyeglass frames. All frames are sterilized before returning to the floor.
- To reduce the number of people in the office at the same time and serve our patients best, we extended our hours and increased the amount of time between appointments.
- Curbside pickup is available for lens, eyeglass frames, and other materials.
- Whenever possible, please make an appointment for adjustments, repairs, glasses/contact lens order pickups, or purchases so we can limit the number of patients in our reception area or around our front desk.
This page is updated as COVID-19 guidelines and recommended procedures change. If you have questions, please call (708) 423-2500.